Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Newman

Default Will Excel's time function do this?

(Sorry if this is a cross post)
Excel 2003

I need a cell to display the "time until" an event. I set it up using to
cells, a simple "=now()" function in one and the date/time of the event in
the other & a 3rd cell with the event cell minus the now cell (formatted
h:mm:ss). Two questions please. First & most important, this works okay
for the event (same day as now) but I have to keep hitting F9 to recalc for
it to be accurate. Is there a way to have de destination cell "running"
constantly so you can see the seconds ticking down continuously? Also
(unrelated to the 1st question) instead of showing hours/minutes/seconds
until the event in one cell, can I break it up into several? I.e.; days,
hour, minutes, seconds until event in separate cells? (or another way if the
event is several days from now).

Thanks in advance... Bob