Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CJ-22

Default Array formula lookup

Hi,

I am new to array formulas, but so far I am thoroughly impressed with
what they can do. I am stuck right now on one and was hoping for some
help. I am a teacher and I keep daily records of my students on excel.
My daily record spreadsheet is similar to this:

Row 1 - Dates for each school day
Column A - Student Names
B2:CA50 - Daily Record keeping such as absence, tardy, homework, etc.

What I want is a column that will list all absences for a specific day.
In other words, have a cell where I can input any date and a list would
generate for all the students absent on that date. The formula would
need to search row 1 for the date, find all "A"s in the column of that
date, and return the name in column A. Can this be done?

Thanks for any replies.

CJ-22

--
CJ-22