Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
frustratedagain

Default how do I add phone number format as a permanent custom format?

Every Excel spreadsheet I receive includes column(s) somewhere of phone
numbers. Rather than have to recreate in EACH file a new custom format
I dream of being able to PERMANENTLY add two telephone
number formats so that I can EASILY apply the following formats:
###-###-#### and ###-###-#### ###. Is there any way on EARTH that I
can PERMANENTLY add these formats to MS's available formats?

Remember: I DO NOT CREATE new Excel spreadsheets, I only receive them,
so templates would be useless.

frustrated...

--
frustratedagain