Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elkar

Default Can individual cell boundaries be changed?

The short answer to your question is No, all cells in a column must have the
same width.

However, there is a way around this by using Merged Cells. Add a new column
to the right of column D (or use E if it isn't already in use). Merge cells
D1 and E1, D2 and E2, D3 and E3 etc., etc., etc... but don't merge D22 and
E22. This will in effect give you a new column D with just cell D22
remaining smaller.

By getting creative with adding and merging several columns and rows its
possible to create an entire sheet that looks like all cells are individually
sized.

HTH,
Elkar

"JoChain" wrote:

As an example, I want ONLY cell D22 to be narrower than all cells around it.
I haven't found a way to do it or if it's possible. There are no cell
contents to manipulate at this point. It is just an empty cell that I want
maybe half the size of those around it. To make the entire column narrower
would alter the contents of cells above cell D22 and I don't want this.
Thanks for your help.