Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FiluDlidu

Default Yet another cell color question.

Oops!
Assuming any row above the last one containing data for one column ALSO
CONTAINS DATA <<<<<, I believe this formula would work for the conditional
formatting of cell B25:
=23-counta(B1:B22)=B25

23-counta(B1:B22), for what I understood, is the value of the cell in column
A that is adjacent to the last cell containing data in column B. If I
misunderstood, it can always be changed with:
=index(A1:A22,counta(B1:B22))=B25

If you want to copy the formatting directly into the next columns, you might
want to use absolute reference for column A:
=index($A1:$A22,counta(B1:B22))=B25

Hope it helped,
FĂ©lix

"smoore" wrote:

I have a worksheet with about eight columns in it. Column A is a
descending column of numbers 1 thru 22. Next is the B column with a
variety of numbers, not necessarily all the way down, and a sumation in
B25. The same for C,D, E, F, and so on. What I need is a conditonal
formatting formula that says - Find the last active cell in Column B,
then compare the cell adjacent to it in Col A to the current sumation
in B25. if they are equal, change the cell shading of B25. Then do the
same in the other columns. Thanks