Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Mr.Man

Default How do i show duplicate data points on a scatter plot?

Awsome!! Thanks!!

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

You can add a second series to ring the duplicate points.

Assuming your x and y data is in A1:B20 place this formula in C1 and
copy down.

=IF(SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$20=A1)*($B$1:$B$20=B1))1, B1,NA())

Create your xy scatter chart based on A1:C20.
Format the first series as dots by changing the marker to a circle.
Format the second series as dots as well but set the background colour
to None and increase the size of the marker.
For information on markers see here.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip009.htm

Cheers
Andy

Mr.Man wrote:
I need to show that duplicate points exist on a scatter plott used for
coorelation. Normaly a dot with a circle around it. Can I do this in excell?

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info