Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anne Troy

Default FORMULA NEEDED TO COUNT DAYS IN EXCEL BETWEEN DATES

1. So you want to add the days between the first and second column to the
number of days between the second and third column? Assuming the 2nd
column's dates fall after the first, and the 3rd after the 2nd, why not:
=(A2-B2)+(C2-B2)
2. Assuming the formula above is in D2, to get the hours:
=D2/24
3. Assuming you want to show a date in column B only if there is a value in
column C, try this:
=IF(ISBLANK(C2),"",TODAY())
However, the above formula will calculate and return "today" always.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Rhonda1" wrote in message
I have two questions. I have three columns that will have a calendar date
in
them. On the fourth column, I need to put in a formula that will count the
days of the previous three columns. I can't seem to find the function that
will do this for me.

Second question I need a formula that will calculate the hours it took to
complete the tasks. i.e. convert the number of days into hours.

Also, one more...is there a way that once data is placed into one
cell....the cell in the column on the right will automatically configure
the
current date?

Thanks!
Rhonda