Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

Default Using AutoFilter to Sort Data Pulled in by INDEX / MATCH

Is this set-up what you have over there?

http://cjoint.com/?bEomeuvNn5
ARomeoJr_wks.xls

In sheet: Summary,

In say, F4: =INDEX('Price Targets'!F:F,MATCH(E4,'Price Targets'!C:C,0))
with F4 copied down

If so, when you sort the look-up values in E4:E6, the INDEX / MATCH formulas
in F4:F6 would continue to return correctly from "Price Targets" col F ?

--
Max
Singapore
"A Romeo Jr" wrote in message
=INDEX('Price Targets'!F:F,MATCH(Summary!E4,'Price Targets'!C:C,0)) is the
formula I am using. I am pulling in the desired data into the summary
worksheet from the price target worksheet's column F by matching the
hard-coded identifier in E4 to the same identifier in the price targets
worksheet in column F. When I sort this column, it correctly sorts the

first
row row by bringing the right identifier to the top but it does not bring

up
the corresponding data. For example, if the identifier in E10 should be at
the top of the list (in other words, it should move up to row 4) it will

go
there but all of the linked cells will still be linked to the identifer in
E10.