Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

Default Different Starting Points on X-Axis

Thanks for the feedback
Best wishes from St Francis Xavier U
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Xavier" wrote in message
Nevermind, I got it working now. Thanks for suggesting XY scatter. I
played around with it a little more and was finally able to alter the
starting point. Thank you!

Xavier

"Bernard Liengme" wrote in message
Are you making a LINE or XY chart? Should be the latter.
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Xavier" wrote in message
.. .
Hi there,

I'm trying to plot an exponential smoothing line chart with x-values
from 1 to 20. There are two series, the original data points and the
smoothed data points. The problem with this is that the starting point
is different. For the original data points (series1), the first value
starts at 1 and goes to 20. For the smoothed data points (series2), the
first value starts at 2 and goes to 20. When I try to chart the line
graph in Excel 2003 by selecting the y-values for series2 starting at
x=2, the chart actually begins at x=1. I was just wondering if anyone
knows how to change the starting point for a series in a line graph (if
possible). Thank you!

Xavier