Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sam via OfficeKB.com

Default Return SEARCHED Column Number of Numeric Label and Value

Hi Domenic,

Replace the Numeric Label 5 with Numeric Label 14, and replace Numeric
Label 12 with Numeric Label 5. If the criteria/Numeric Label is 5, is
Column 7 your expected result?

Yes

Cheers,
Sam

Domenic wrote:
And just to be sure, let's go through a few more examples using the values
in your last post...

[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]

Almost, Numeric Label 1(one) should be Column 2

I'm not sure where I got Column 14. I meant to say Column 2. So far,
so good. :)

Now, let's replace 5 with 14, and 12 with 5.
If the criteria is 5, is Column 7 the correct answer?

Not sure what you mean?