Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Philippe L. Balmanno

Default How do I convert a cell(s) from the formula to it's contents?

"ZZBC" wrote in message
Using Excell 2000 ...
I have data being retrieved from another sheet Cell A1 of the Input Sheet,
for example might contain the words "This is a TEST"
Cell A1 of the Output Sheet contains the formula: ='Input Sheet'!$A$1
... thus displaying whatever the contents is of cell A1 of the Input
Sheet.
I want to save the formula results in time ...
I want to convert the cell(s) of the Output Sheet to the results ...
getting rid of the equation(s).
I'm sure I have seen this before, I just cannot remember ??? ... getting
old!

If you want to do it mannually each time, "copy" and "paste special" making
sure you check "values" option when the dialog box pops up. This will save
the values without the formulas.