Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Xavier

Default Different Starting Points on X-Axis

Nevermind, I got it working now. Thanks for suggesting XY scatter. I played
around with it a little more and was finally able to alter the starting
point. Thank you!

Xavier

"Bernard Liengme" wrote in message
Are you making a LINE or XY chart? Should be the latter.
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Xavier" wrote in message
.. .
Hi there,

I'm trying to plot an exponential smoothing line chart with x-values from
1 to 20. There are two series, the original data points and the smoothed
data points. The problem with this is that the starting point is
different. For the original data points (series1), the first value starts
at 1 and goes to 20. For the smoothed data points (series2), the first
value starts at 2 and goes to 20. When I try to chart the line graph in
Excel 2003 by selecting the y-values for series2 starting at x=2, the
chart actually begins at x=1. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to
change the starting point for a series in a line graph (if possible).
Thank you!

Xavier