Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default show a column of numbers also as percentages

You can't have both cells driven from the other, that is a circular
reference.

The percentage is got with

=A1/MAX($A$1:$A$4)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"captain edward" <captain wrote in message
Here is an example what I am trying to do:
$ %
35 30.71
27 23.68
52 45.61
114 100
simply be able to convert a column of numbers into a second column of
percentages & then be able to change a percentage that will also change

the
numbers. Example: if I changed 30.71% to 35.71% & also changed 45.61% to
40.61% (maintaining a constant 100%) the $ column would also change as

well.
Conversly changing $ would also change %.