Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Default Weekday

Hi Thomas

One way would be with Sumproduct.
With Dates in column A and values in column B
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Weekday($A$1:$A$100)=2),$B$1:$B$100)
This would give the result for Monday = 2

Better still, set up a list of cells in say D1:D7 and change formula to
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Weekday($A$1:$A$100)=D1),$B$1:$B$100)
and enter in E1 and copy down to E7

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Thomas" wrote in message
I am trying to sum items by weekday from date. My list has dates and
items
recieved. I would like to total all items received on Mondays, then
all
items Tuesdays etc. Sorting is not an option since I looking up the
information on a different sheet based on the criteria that it is what
day of
the week? Any sugestions?