Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Damon Longworth

Default Formula Meaning In English

Try something similar to:

=IF(Q5<=Q26,R26,IF(Q5<=Q25,R25,IF(Q5<=Q24,R24,0)))

Adjust the TRUE portion to your desired calculation. It seems to work here
from my understanding of your requirements.

--
Damon Longworth

2006 East Coast Excel User Conference
April 19/21st, 2006
Holiday Inn, Boardwalk
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Early Bird Registration Now Open!!
www.ExcelUserConference.com

2006 UK Excel User Conference
Summer, 2006
London, England
"Dropdown3" wrote in
message ...

Damon:Your formula is the closest so far. However, it returns points if
the Target is 3.41 or higher, which it should return 0.00 points

Target.......................Points
Min......Q24...3.40.....1.25--- R24
Mid......Q25...3.06......5.00--- R25
Max.....Q26...2.45......10.00-- R26

Here is what I want from my point system:

If Q5 less than Q24 but greater than 3.06 you should get R24 value. If
Q5 is greater than Q24 you won't receive any points. If Q5 is greater
than Q25 but less than R25 you should get R25 value. If Q5 is less than
or equal to Q26 then R26.

If the employee falls in the score range of 3.40 or less, they should
receive a certain amount of points. If they ever score more than 3.40,
they will not receive any points.

The amount of points cannot be set to 10.00, 5.00, or 1.25 when a
certain score is entered into the cell Q5. I want the point output to
adjust to the number in cell Q5, but an employee cannot earn more than
10.00 points regardless of how low (good) a score because R26 is the
most amount of points they can earn.

-Chuck-

--
Dropdown3