Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Vaughn

Default How to find number of pairs of strings from list of strings?

I was afraid you were going to say that. I was hoping someone would come up
with a more elegant solution. I am afraid mine would not be able to handle
something that large (or even much larger than the 3 columns it was currently
dealing with.) Unfortunately, some of the things I tried while I was doing
this just wouldn't work for me which is why the formula I came up with was as
long as it was. Sorry. Unless someone has a better idea, I can't think of a
fomulaic way of doing this. It should be doable using VBA though.
--
Kevin Vaughn

"greg_overholt" wrote:

HI Kevin,

thanks for trying to help me out! Now this small example is to be used
actually for a 25 x 25 matrix populating these cells from a list of
8000 rows all between 1 and 10 columns full of data.

Any ideas for a larger implementation??

Thanks!!

Greg

--