Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB

Default conditional formula to show "open" or "closed"

I don't see any problem w/your formula. Are you getting an error or just an
incorrect result? Are you sure G6=C6? Try increasing the number of decimals
in each cell to be sure you don't have any rounding issues. You may have to
incorporate the Round function in your formula if this is the case.

"SBS" wrote:

Hi,
I have been able to do a formula that provides a random number in a cell
(C6). Upon entering a matching number in another cell (G6), I want to have a
message ("closed") appear in yet another cell (A1) or if a non-matching
number is entered the message in cell (A1) would be ("open").

Am new to formulas and have not been able to figure out what to do from the
office help instructions.

so far I have a non-working formula:
=IF(g6=C6,"closed","open")