Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
gadmire

Default Average first 3 numbers in column e.g. 130 in 130/82

I am trying to obtain an average of blood pressure over a period of time.
The individual entries are in a single column but are in a combined format
(e.g. 130/82). I need to parse each of the two numbers and arrive at an
average of all entries in the column. I have searched help because I thought
I had seen some reference to the selecting only a portion of a number on a
prior search. Unfortunately, I could not come across it again. Thanks for
any help