Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Amag

Default Automatic avoiding empty cell

Hi,

I am making templates to draw chart (scatter charts and bar charts).
Scatter charts also have trendlines in them. At times I dont have value
for some of the items which are used to make these (scatter)charts.
This doesnot give a correct trendline since it assumes value as zero.
As such I have to manually change the data source and exclude items for
which i donot have a value.

Is there a solution such that the excel automaticallty doesnot take the
item (which doesnot have a value) to draw the chart.

e.g.
Margin
Company A 14%
Company B 18%
Company C 9%
Company D N/A or 0
Company E 18%

I would like excel not to take Company D in drawing the chart next time
it can be Company C since these values are coming from some other
sheet. There are a number of such charts in the template. Plz suggest
if it can be automized.

TIA/Amag