Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default How to create default template in Excel 2002

And don't hit the FileNew...(note the ellipsis)

Just use FileNew(no ellipsis) or the New File Icon.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 08:47:16 -0600, Dave Peterson
wrote:

I bet Anne meant: Book.xlt (not book1.xls)

And save it as a template file.

Anne Troy wrote:

Place it as book1.xls in the XLSTART folder.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey there,

I am using Excel 2002 on Window 2000 version.

I already have an Excel template called "abc".

It contains four worksheets with fonts and colors I want.

I want to save this "abc" template to the default one.

So that, when I am in Excel, I just need to click "New", this "abc"
template will come up by default.

I don't want to waste time selecting from a list of template. Just
click "new" icon.

Any way to do this?

Which folder should I tackle?

Thanks