Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Default Line Graph Help

Hi,

You can plot the straight line on the secondary axis. Then by enabling
the secondary x axis you can change this to cross between categories.
This will make the line touch the edge of the plot area.

Here are some examples of adding datum lines to charts.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts...nes/index.html
http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm

Cheers
Andy

mickeymouse wrote:
Hello

I want to do a simple line graph - one line to go straight across and
another to be graphed according to some figures I have. Is it possible
to have the straight line touching the y-axis, but the other line not
touching it?
I can't seem to find a way given that they share the same x-axis, is
there anyway to bypass this??

I'd very much appreciate any tips, thanks :)

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info