Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Richard Hocking

Default copying formulae along rows.

Just had a play around, it works! Great stuff, you've saved me hours!

Cheers,

Richard.

"Pogue" wrote:

The cheat I would do is to copy it down 1,000 rows, then select all 1,000
cells and cop/paste special and then click the transpose button.

Actually I just tried it and it worked, except you can't paste it starting
on the same column you are copying from - move it over 1 column.

"Richard Hocking" wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to set up a sheet with the formula ='Sheet1'!E2 in the first
cell.
I would like to be able to copy this to all cells along the row, so that it
increases to ='Sheet1'!E3 then to E4... E5... etc etc. I've tried using
absolute $ signs, but only seem to be able to get the number part to increase
when copying down the column, not across the row! And, conversely, only the
letter part increases along the row (E2... F2.. G2 etc) if I don't use the
$ sign. Any ideas gratefully received, otherwise I have nearly 1000 copy /
pastes plus changing numbers to do!!

Thanks, Richard.