Paul B

I don't think this can be done with an excel macro
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"tandem" wrote in message
Paul,

thank you for links. However, I still not found there some excel macro
based solution, not the utility.

thanks,
tandem

"Paul B" wrote in message
tandem,
Here is a post of resources by Norman Harker:
http://www.google.com/groups?threadm...GP12.phx .gbl
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"tandem" wrote in message
I have a big problem with my xls workbook file: I forgot password I set
up and can no open file anymore. Its a file-level protection, so now I
just prompted enter password when I try open file.. There are some macro
that can solve problem and just remove protection, but I can no find the
necessary code.
I tried some code from Norman Harker and JE McGimpsey 27-Dec-2002
(Version 1.1) http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html
but it intended for removing password from open workbook only.(not fully
clear what 's the necessary to remove password from the workbook already
open)

thanks