Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel
Jim Thomlinson

Default A Pop up message in Excel...

In the thisworkbook module in the VB Editor add this code(Right click the
Excel icon in the top right hand corner of Excel and choose view code)

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
MsgBox "THIS FILE IS NOT TO BE MOVE OR RENAMED", _ vbInformation,
"Warning"
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Web master" wrote:

Just curious if this can be done... does anyone know a way to make a pop up
message appear in Excel 2003 when an a file opens? Example, I have a
particular file that is shared for others to update. When whoever opens the
file I would like a little text box to say a few chosen words from me like
"THIS FILE IS NOT TO BE MOVE OR RENAMED" or anything else I choose.

Thanks in advance,

Ian