Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joanaww

Default Create a formula using if, and, or or.

"Pete" wrote:

I think this last example should be:

=If(OR(b1=3,c15),"One or both Conditions exist","Neither Condition
exists")

Pete

I just tried this, but maybe I did something wrong. I'm actually using this statement as a condition for a sumif statement, where a column contains several dates, and either of two of them might qualify as criteria for a given time period. I can do this if I have only one month I'm searching for. Actually, I'm trying to sum up the amounts paid, which can come in any month, by time period (corresponding to meeting dates).