Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dwalesb

Default Excel Puzzle

Why is Excel changing day & date data when I copy & paste? When I highlight
and copy a range of cells and paste into another sheet, in one column only
the dates of the material being copied (expressed as 1/23/4567) change. A
cursory examination seems to indicate a pattern of a one-day and four-year
change in each cell; e.g. 5/12/2005 becomes 5/13/2009. There have been some
variations of this where the day apparently stays the same but the year goes
back 4 years, e.g. 2006 becomes 2002.

During the same operation, although both sheets are in Arial font, the font
of all the material being copied is changed to Verdana upon being pasted.