Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pogue

Default Pass or Fail (green or red) criteria for cell?

I'd do it in 2 steps:

Put this formula in cell I22
=IF(B3="","",IF(B3=0.8,"Pass","Fail"))

Then you want to use Conditional Formatting.
Click on "Format" in the menu. Then select "Conditional Formatting"
In the first box, select "Formula is"
In the next box type =b3=.8
Then click the format button, and click on "color" select green (you can
also bold it to make the green stand out)

Now click "Add", and you'll get another format opportunity,
In the first box, select "Formula is"
In the next box type =b3<.8
Then click Format, Color, choose Red.

Good luck!

"Pheasant PluckerĀ®" wrote:

Hi there,

I have a spreadsheet where the percentage score will indicate a Pass or
Fail.

Is there a way that I can automatically input the words Pass or Fail
depending on what the percentage score actually is?

For example;

If cell H20 indicates 80% or above then input the word Pass (text coloured
black and bold) in cell I22 coloured green?

If cell H20 indicates less than 80% then input the word Fail (text coloured
black and bold) in cell I22 coloured Red?

If the black text in a coloured box is too difficult to achieve then just
the word Pass in Green or Fail in Red would suffice.

I22 to have no colour if no result present.

Does this even make sense and if it does is there an easy way to achieve
this?

-pp-