Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Paste Special and Paste Object

I'd bet you're copying from two different workbooks--and each workbook is opened
in a different instance of excel.

I'd close one workbook (and its instance of excel)

then use File|open in the other instance to open the second workbook.

Then try the copy|paste.

TrptDrBarb wrote:

When I copy a set of numbers from one excel sheet (which have been formatted
already) and I try to "paste special" them into another excel sheet -
sometimes the paste special box that appears is one that is for pasting an
object (as text, jpg, etc.) instead of the one that allows values, skip
blanks, etc. Is this a bug in the program, or am I doing something wrong?

--

Dave Peterson