Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill

Default Range from x to first non-blank cell?

"Domenic" wrote...
"Bill" wrote:

How do I do a column range from a starting cell until the first non-blank
cell?

Can you elaborate?

Sure, I've got a spreadsheet that's got the results of a survey. On the first page, I
cut/paste the raw survey data. On the second page of the spreadsheet, I'm reading and
interpreting the data. Presently, every time I paste into sheet 1, I've got to manually
increase the ranges on sheet 2 to the end of the new range. What I'd prefer, instead, is
for sheet 2 to automatically update when the new data is inputted.

Also, is there a function, etc. that will return the row number of the first
non-blank
cell in a column?

Try...

=MATCH(TRUE,A1:A100<"",0)

This doesn't seem to work - strangely, the cell I entered it into returns the exact text
of the formula.

Thanks,

Bill