Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Martin

Default how to change a calculated cell to = the calculated value

CAM wrote:
I want to save a spreadsheet so that the values in the calculated cells are
changed to equal the calculated values so that the hidden data/formulas used
to calculate the values can then be removed. Any suggestions? Seemed like
there was such a technique in Lotus 123 days but I've slept way too many
times since then!

If I understand you correctly, what you need to do is simply mark the cells you
want to change, copy them and then use PasteSpecialValuesOnly to paste the same
data back into the same cells. At that point the cells will contain numbers
rather than formulas.

Bill