Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mariano

Default Lookup & Addition help please.

no idea if this is the easiest way to do it, but i have done this before and
it worked.
I would create subtotals in my lookup range, then vlookup the concatenate of
the cell and " subtotal"
that should work.

"h0l1yw0od" wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know of a formula which would basically do the same as a
lookup but it instead of showing the amount that corresponds with the
name, it would find every occurrence of that name and add up all the
values in to a single cell? I've been looking for several hours and
tried different things (sumif, lookup, vlookup etc.) but have not found
the one that works.

I'd appreciate it if someone could put me out of my misery!

Thanks.:)

--
h0l1yw0od
h0l1yw0od's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28989