Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Can not put date in cell

You may want to show what you typed.

And if you have some of the lotus transition settings turned on, that could be a
problem:

Tools|Options|transition tab
uncheck all those lotus options

and retry your entry.

wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to transform at lotus-worksheet to excel, simply by opening
the file in excel and saving as xls (which normally works just fine).

When I try to enter a date in one of the cells I get the following
error message:
"The formula you typed contains an error".

Anyone know why I get this, and how it can be fixed? I do not enter any
equal sign or something that should make the cell believe I am trying
to enter a formula. Using Format-Cells and choosing Date does not help
either.

Brgds,

--

Dave Peterson