Frank Kabel

Hi
an there's probably no real solution for this if you have to use Excel.
This then comes down to applying 'organisational measures'.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"usarmycwo" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
Frank -- You're certainly correct, but our situation [lack of time

and
database experts] means we're stuck with using Excel. I think I've

got the
sharing part of the problem solved [Tools, Shared Workbook], but not

the
ability to keep each user from modifying another's user data. --

Steve

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
I won't use Excel for this. This kind of multi-user access is

difficult
in Excel (as it wasn't designed for it). You may consider using a
database baded application for this

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"usarmycwo" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag

Here is the situation [I'll be as brief as possible]:

A file shared on an intranet has 10 worksheets: 1 master and 9

more
for
each of 9 sections. All the worksheets are identical.

We use the master sheet to buy supplies for the 9 sections.

It would save so much work if this was possible: An entry [always

number]
made in, say, cell E62 of worksheet 4 would change cell E62 of

the
master
sheet.

At the same time, we need to lock out users from, say, section 4

from
making
changes in sheet 7.

How is this done?

Am sure there's a way, and this forum will have it.

Thanks in advance for all help. It will support our efforts in

Afghanistan.