Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

Default How to insert a symbol in a chart legend?

If you select a letter in the cell used for the legend and format it with
Symbol, the legend does not change because formatting does not get carried
over. Nor can you format a single character in the legend.

BUT is you go to the cell that is used for the legend and use Insert|Symbol
to get Greek letters then the legend reflects the change. I'm using XL2003;
I know that XL2002 has Insert | Symbol but with older versions you may need
to use the Character Map (Start|Programs|Accessories|System Tools or use
Insert | Symbol in Word and Copy&Paste.

best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"SWang" wrote in message
I tried to insert Alpha in a chart legend using Excel, but I did not find a
way. Does anybody know how to do it? I am using Excel 2002.
Thanks.
SWang