Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Vaughn

Default cumulative total

Can they be seperated into seperate colums? if so, it should be easy
(assuming the same number of columns everytime.)

9 10 11 12
9 11 8 10
0 1 -3 -2 -4

Formula for A3 is =A2-A1 copied to B3 through D3. And then formula for E3 is
=SUM(A3:D3)

If they needed to be in just one cell seperated by commas, it might be
doable, but probably wouldn't be easy, especially if the count of numbers
varied. Somebody could probably come up with a formula to do it, but it
would probably be able to do with VBA.

--
Kevin Vaughn

"darkbearpooh1" wrote:

ok,

heres what i am trying to do now, lol.

Take two cells one will be the projection say 10
the other will be actual say 9
can excel tell me that equals -1 ?
i mean minus one from the projection not a negative number
and if so then can it cumulative totals of that ?
say i have projections in different cells ex: 9,10,11,12
the actual numbers below would be 9,11,8,10
so the formula needs to tell me first one is qual second plus 1 third
minus 3 forth plus 2 and so forth and once it gives me those then total
them in colum so would total minus 4?

sorry hard to explain

TIA

--