Paulw2k

From XL2002 Help files
Wildcard characters
The following wildcard characters can be used as comparison criteria for
filters, and when searching and replacing content.

Use To find
? (question mark) Any single character
For example, sm?th finds "smith" and "smyth"
* (asterisk) Any number of characters
For example, *east finds "Northeast" and "Southeast"
~ (tilde) followed by ?, *, or ~ A question mark, asterisk, or tilde
For example, fy91~? finds "fy91?"

Paul

"John" <john(dot)cole(at)co(dot)riverside(dot)ca(dot)us wrote in message
Is there a wildcard character in Excel?

Specifically, I'm looking to search for all subdivisions from a major
division. My naming scheme is like this:

AppDev.DBA
AppDev.Web
Communications.Data
Communications.Radio

How can I just say AppDev.* or Communications.* so I can get a full
count??? (PS there is no standard length to any of these names)

Thanks