Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
charlie

Default mulitple formulas

I retyped this about 10 times and cannot seem to get it to work. Also, my
choice are going to be "d" or "c". Thanks for the headsup.

"BekkiM" wrote:

=IF(C3="d","District,IF(C3="c","County Courts at Law",""))

You can do it with one IF statement, but ONLY if your only two choices are
"c" and "d"--if there's anything else in column C (even blanks), you'll get
incorrect labels in your name column. For example:

=IF(C3="d","District","County Courts at Law") gives you:

IF C3 = "d", D3 = "District"
IF C3 = "c", D3 = "County Courts at Law"
IF C3 = "M", D3 = "County Courts at Law"

"charlie" wrote:

I need help with a multiple formula in the same cell. I will write it like it
should go.

if C3=d then = District
if C3=c then = County Courts at Law

I am trying to put these in the same cell.

Please email with answer,

thanks very much,
cp