Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Amste

Default Getting rid of previously typed data from a cell

Thanks so much, I have removed the auto-complete, this seems to have worked
Thanks again.

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote:

Hi

One possible solution is to add a empty row below headers (and hide it)
Another solution (probably it is the right one, I haven't checked it) is to
turn AutoComplete off (ToolsOptionsEdit)
And at last, you always can copy the entry from another cell.

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"Amste" wrote in message
In the spreadsheet I am working on, there is a heading of A/B; now
whenever I
type a capital A in another cell it fills the cell with A/B; how can I get
rid of this so that no previously typed data appears in another cell? I
have
tried clearning cells but this does not work.
Thanks