Dave O

Hi, apologies for the delayed reply.

It sounds like this should be pretty straightforward. This code will
open a file so it can be read:

Open Filename.txt for Input as #1
Close #1

Please email me: cyclezenATyahooDOTcom so we can chat more
efficiently.

Dave O

carl0s66 wrote in message ...
Thanks for the reply,

The files will be .txt files.

They will all be formatted the same way (the macro to do this has been
created).

I simply need a way of getting the text file in and outputting and
corresponding .xls. The filenames are contained in a static array and
the text files correspond to the filenames of the text files. So:

The array contains the first 4 values AAA, AAC, BAA, BUA. And the text
files AAA.txt, AAC.txt, BAA.txt, BUA.txt are in a directory.