Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MrQuick

Default Excel should allow delete cell's value but leave formula alone

~ In the "Go To Special" dialog box, I clicked the empty circle w/"Constants"
next to it.
~ "Formulas" remained unselected.
~ The 4 boxes sub to "Formulas" became operative and were all checked: they
are... Numbers/Text/Logicals/Errors.
~ What boxes do I UNCHECK so as to allow me to delete a cell's value but
leave the formula alone after "OK" and then clicking EditClear Contents
~ Also, when should I select the cell to be operated on? Before hitting
F5...? Before EditClear Contents?

PS: My idea is for the "Edit" menu have a "Delete Special" or something like
that so users can decide do delete everything (values, formula, formatting)
or any one or two of the 3 characteristics of a particular cell.
Unfortunately MS only allows upto 10 or so words per suggestion which is a
little skimpy if you ask me. Maybe what I'm asking violates some law of
physics. Maybe the programming language necessary for accomplishment of my
idea has not been invented.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

F5SpecialConstants. Uncheck/check what you want to delete and OK

EditClear Contents.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:36:04 -0800, "MrQuick"
wrote:

Is it possible to delete a cell's VALUE without deleting (or "Clearing") the
cell's formula?

click "I Agree" in the message pane.