Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyer

Default can vlookup place results in a different box than the formula?

You could enter:
=F1
into F2, but that wouldn't solve your problem of separating the data from
the formulas when you copy and send the sheet elsewhere.

Try this:
Take a *copy* of the sheet,
<Ctrl A
Right click in the selection and choose <Copy,
Right click *again* and click on "Paste Special",
Click on "Values",
Then <OK and <Esc

And you have a sheet without any formulas, so that nothing will change or
update.
--
HTH,

RD

"Psychlogic" wrote in message
If i write a vlookup formula in cell F1, can I somehow have the result

show
up in f2. Also, can I have the result be a value. My need is to generate
monthly reports based on a separate Excel file and send them to someone.
When you separate the report from the original file, "help" pops up asking

if
you want to update the file and that is a nusisance.

If possible, please reply to

thanks