Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bpeltzer

Default trying to create a formula and require help.

=if(A1="A",b1*c1,if(A1="B",b2*c2,"invalid entry")).
In general, for two tests in nested ifs:
=if(first_condition,first_result,if(second_conditi on,second_result,other_result))
Enter the formula in the cell where the result should appear.

"Amste" wrote:

I am trying to create a formula using if a cell is = to the letter A then
multiply one cell by another or, if that same cell is = to the letter B, then
multiply one cell by another. I would greatly appreciate some help on how
this would be typed.
Thanks in advance