Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Adresmith

Default Data in list w/same A:B move to column

Hi,

I have a list of source data that I need to change to format of and I
am not sure how to do it. Maybe a pivot table? What I want to do is
have each Pers. No. and name displayed in only one row. Then I want the
other date & date type pairs displayed in the columns next to Hire date.
So each employee will have multiple columns of dates and date types.
Does anyone know how to do this? I tried a pivot table but I dont want
to do any calculations with the data... I just want to display it and I
cant find a way to get Excel to do that. I would greatly appreciate
anyones help!

Thanks,
Adrianne

Pers.No. Personnel Number Date Date type
5 Hopkins , Kevin 11/17/1998 Hire Date
5 Hopkins , Kevin 11/17/1998 Adj Service Date
5 Hopkins , Kevin 01/19/1999 Rehire Date
5 Hopkins , Kevin 01/19/1999 Vac Accrual Date
7 Zinis , Anthony F 04/18/2000 Hire Date
7 Zinis , Anthony F 04/18/2000 Adj Service Date
7 Zinis , Anthony F 04/18/2000 Vac Accrual Date
9 McTyre , Mark 01/24/2000 Hire Date
9 McTyre , Mark 01/24/2000 Adj Service Date

--
Adresmith
Adresmith's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9131