Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Default Forumlas Not Executing

If the formula in the cell appears like the formula in the formula bar then
there are two possible explanations:

1. you are in equation view. Touch CNTRL-~ to correct this.

2. the cells were formatted as text before the formulae were entered. To
correct this, re-format the cell as General and then click at the end of the
formula bar and touch enter

--
Gary's Student

"Trey" wrote:

Hello,

I'm experiencing something odd -- whenever I type in a formula into a
particular spreadsheet, it doesn't execute. The formula prints in the cell as
if it were text. I haven't had this problem with other spreadsheets. Did I
somehow turn a global setting off where the spreadsheet doesn't execute
formulas?

Thanks for your help!