Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cerah

Default Creating links to cells with no content, but that have formatting

I am trying to link a group of cells that have no content, but that all have
a blue pattern background into a new file. When I link the cells, zero comes
up because there is no content. I know there is a way to fix that, but is
there a way to link to the formatting? This way if i change it from blue to
red on the source page, my new file will show that change?

I tried copypaste specialpaste link, then paste specialformats, but it
only copies the format, it doesn't link it, so it does not reflect changes in
the original documents formats when I make them.

Any ideas?