Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Default Maximum data in cell

This is a common problem. The data is actually in the cell ( it will appear
in the formula bar), but is not visible in the cell and will not print.

The way to fix it is to insert a manual line break about every 1000
characters in the text. (the manual line break is ALT-enter)
--
Gary's Student

"Rachael" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where I am entering several small paragraphs of text
into one cell (less than 2000 characters) in a chart, and there are more than
80 cells where I need to enter similar data (3 to 8 paragraphs per cell).

Excel only seems to recognise the first 1000 or so characters (with spaces)
when I copy data into or out of the cell (from word to the cell and from the
cell back to word) so some of my data is getting cut off. Also, when I do the
"auto fit height" it also ignores any data after approx 1000 characters, so
my data is not in view. If I re-size it and can see the data, save it, and
re-open it, the data is all cut off again. Why is this? Anyway to fix it
(please say yes!!)

I have tried 3 versions of excel (97, 2000, 2003) and all do the same thing.