Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tysop

Default pivot table and groups

I'm not sure if this is the best board to post this to, but I'll give it a try.
I have a pivot table containing data for the past 9 months or so, which I
have grouped by month and year.
However I have 2 problems:
firstly I want to see a running total with Januarys figure added to
Decembers running total figure, not restarting in January.
Secondly I want to compare January to December to get a
% difference from value, but I only get a #N/A error unless I just group by
month. Which will be OK until data runs over a year.

If anyone has any suggestions tehy would be much appreciated.

Thanks