Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete

Default Function needed to calculate arrival patterns

It's a bit late here in the UK, so I'll just give a few comments before
I go to bed. I was just pointing out that you could have a massive
amount of data, just for one month. If you arranged it as a table so
that you have dates going down and the 1/2 hour increments across, you
could then plot the 48 bins by a particular day (maybe on a weekly
graph). You could consolidate the daily totals how you wished, ie. into
weekly totals, monthly totals etc, or you could add all the Mondays'
calls together, all Tuesdays' etc. You could compare one week (or
month) with the previous period.

With one long list of bins this becomes more difficult, though the
formula to get the data into the appropriate bin is simpler.

You might also want to know the number of simultaneous calls at any
instant in time and plot that.

So many possiblities! Just a few comments ...

Goodnight

Pete