Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gerberdude

Default Rolling over a Remainder

Hello all,

I am not sure which function to use to complete this worksheet.
Basically, it needs to do the following:

For example, cell A1 has the following formula:
=P6*0.01

In this particular case, the formula returns the result as .65

As you can see, the result of this equation is a number that is
sometimes less than 1, or if 1 or greater, has a remainder.

I need to tweak this formula so that if the total is less than 1, (or
the remainder of any whole number) that number is rolled over to the
next cell in the column (A2) and added to the total of A2.

In A2, the equation should repeat itself, but should have the .65 (or
other remainder) added to it.

In other words, I only want to see a result displayed if the result is
a whole number, and the remainders are continually rolled over to the
next cell. Rounding is only an option to the hundredths.

Thanks for your help!

Gerberdude

--
gerberdude