Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Default I can't insert a new column in a sheet

You may have stuff in column IV. If so, Excel won't allow any column
insertion:

1. select column IV and delete it.
2. save the file, close the file, and then re-open it
3. re-try the insertion
--
Gary's Student

"TelescopeBoy" wrote:

I want to insert a new column between col B & C in a sheet. I highlight the
whole col C, right click and select insert, I get the following message.
"To prevent possible loss of data, MS Excel cannot shift nonblank cells off
the worksheet. Try to delete or clear the cells to the right and below your
data, then select cell A1 and save your workbook to reset the last cell used.
Or, you can move the data to a new location and try again."
I have tried clearing the cells to the right and below and I still can't get
a column to insert.
Any suggestions are appreciated.